- Start at New York Ave side of the Crescenta Valley County Park – FYI this is where the cross country regional championship is held
- Head out to Honolulu Ave and right turn into Whitingwoods Rd – you will run through a wooded residential street all the way to the end where the gate is to the trail head
- After about a 2.5 mile climb, you will hit the saddle – take a right!
- Keep going past the Verdugo Peak. make sure to take a right turn at the junction down hill on Hostetter Fire Road. if you don’t take this, you will end up at the other side of the Verdugo Mountains on the Burbank/Glendale side.
- About 2.5 mile down, be careful as there is a huge gap in the earth caused by rain
- Once you hit the pavement, take a right and through the chain link gate on to Edison Fire Road.
- About 2 miles along the 210 free way, you will encounter a severe down hill section.
- You will end up by someone’s back yard and a gate back into residential area
- Back into the western end of the park.
- There are several paths in the park. take any one of them to get back towards the baseball field and where we started.
We will be doing a tough 10 mile loop. First 3 miles are mostly uphill. You can choose to turn back early for less miles.
Strava link: 10 mile loop
- Bathrooms Available
- This is a self supported run
- Stay for post run coffee and snacks. Feel free to bring snacks to share.
We will be running the Verdugo Hills starting at Crescenta Valley Park: Corner of Honolulu Ave and New York Ave, La Crescenta. (This is the same location as the Kenny Staub Cross Country Race,)
Meet in the parking lot. Additional parking along New York Ave.