- We will explore Sandstone Peak, the Backbone Trail, and the surrounding areas starting from the Mishe Mokwa parking lot.
- Sandstone Peak is the highest mountain in the Santa Monica Mountains.
- Our starting point is the Mile 33 aid station of the Ray Miller ultra-marathon.
Pedometer link: 9.8 miles
- 5.7 mile option possible by skipping the out-and-back section to Split Rock
- Walk route: out and back to Sandstone Peak or beyond
- Bathrooms Available
Yerba Buena Rd. Westlake Village, CA 91361
There is a fairly large dirt parking lot on both sides of the road but please try to carpool. We don’t want to take up all the spaces plus the last few miles of the road are very twisty.
More parking and restrooms available just a short distance down the road at the Sandstone Peak trail head.